Melchert Hubert Sjodin is proud to be a pillar of the western metro area of the Twin Cities. For nearly 50 years we have been giving back to the community in which we live and work. Lawyers in the firm are members of the Lions Club, the Rotary and the Chamber of Commerce. We volunteer for charitable causes and have even been known to assist with a town fireworks display. We are playing a key role in the capital campaign for Ridgeview Medical Center, a leading regional medical center.
The attorneys at MHS believe in giving back to communities as part of a personal and professional code. We’ve seen the results in our lives and our firm over several generations. Our contributions of time, energy and knowledge to local organizations and causes comes back to us as life satisfaction and business growth.
We’re proud to share highlights of our community involvement with you:
- A multi-year financial commitment to help the Ridgeview Foundation build a heart center and women’s clinic at Ridgeview Medical Center.
- Annual participation in the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation’s Passionately Pink for the Cure event for which the firm matches donations by staff.
- Every year for Thanksgiving and the winter holidays, we adopt area families dealing with poverty and work through the CAP Agency of Scott, Carver and Dakota Counties to support them with gifts and seasonal food.
- We support Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services (SMRLS) in providing legal aid for people who cannot afford an attorney.
- We participate in the Adopt a Highway Program for a stretch of highway in Waconia.
- Senior Partner Paul Melchert is involved in the Carver County Historical Society. He is also the President of the Waconia Heritage Association, which has published the first volume on the history of Waconia and is currently working on the second volume.
- Keith Sjodin works with the local and area Rotary clubs to bring foreign exchange students to the Waconia area and send local students overseas.
- And if you’re wondering who helps to set off the fireworks at the annual 4th of July event, it’s our very own Larry Harris.