For more than 25 years, Mike has provided his clients with practical and effective legal representation. A significant portion of Mike’s practice involves assisting clients that are buying, selling, developing, financing, and leasing commercial real estate. He also has significant experience with contract negotiations and business issues. Mike’s clients include nonprofit hospitals, municipalities, property management companies, developers, farmers and individuals.
Mike is a certified real property specialist. He also serves as an elected member of the Real Property Counsel of the Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA), which operates as the governing body of the MSBA’s Real Estate Section. At Melchert Hubert Sjodin, Mike heads the firm’s Municipal Practice Group.
Businesses and individuals retain Mike to help them with their most important and complex projects. For example, Mike assisted one of his healthcare clients develop the first standalone emergency room in Minnesota. He also helped a municipal client structure and document one of the first community center projects in Minnesota that involved the facility being shared by a city and a school district.
- Oregon (Inactive)
- J.D., cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School
- B.A., summa cum laude, Business Administration and Political Science, Concordia College Moorhead
- Real Property Law Specialist
- Real Property Council, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Legislative Subcommittee, Real Estate Section, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Eighth District Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Presentation: Rethinking Healthcare Real Estate Strategies, Midwest: Hospital & Medical Facilities Summit
- Legal Counsel, Minnesota South District, Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
- District Finance Committee Member, Lutheran Church Extension Fund
- Past Chairman and Board Member, Waconia Chamber of Commerce,
- Past, President, Waconia Choir Boosters