Kelly listens to her clients’ needs and works in an efficient and cost-effective manner in order to achieve the best outcome for them. She especially enjoys working on challenging matters that have a strong human component. No matter the case, she is a zealous advocate for each of her clients.
Kelly proactively advises her clients on the legal consequences of their decisions. She evaluates each case on its merits and provides sound legal advice, always with the best interest of her client in mind. Kelly’s clients benefit from her prior experience at a downtown Minneapolis law firm–without the higher fees.
Born in Madison, Wisconsin, Kelly received her B.A., with distinction, from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and her J.D., cum laude, from William Mitchell College of Law. She served as a judicial clerk intern for the Honorable Kathleen R. Gearin in Ramsey County before entering private practice. She joined Melchert Hubert Sjodin in 1998 after practicing with a Minneapolis insurance defense litigation firm.
Practicing law for over 20 years, Kelly was certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association in 2012 as a Labor and Employment Law Specialist.
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- J.D., cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law
- B.A., English and Music Performance, with distinction, University of Wisconsin Madison
- Labor and Employment Law Specialist
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Eighth District Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Board Member, District 110 Foundation
- Board Member, Waconia/West Carver Rotary
- Past President
- Past President Elect
- Past Secretary
- Waconia Choir Boosters Alumni Organization
- Past Board Member, Waconia Chamber of Commerce