Matthew is a passionate and pragmatic advocate emphasizing realistic expectations and outcomes for his litigation clients. He is frequently utilized by other attorneys to efficiently and effectively handle a variety of litigation matters, and he successfully represents clients in actions ranging from simple to highly complex litigation disputes.
Matthew litigates cases in civil, appellate, and administrative law courts, and strives to provide each of his clients with the highest standard of legal representation.
A resident of Waconia, Minnesota, Matthew received his B.S. in Criminology from Kansas State University and received his J.D. from William Mitchell College of Law. During law school, Matthew was a member of the Rosalie E. Wahl Moot Court Team, served as a Judicial Extern for former Ramsey County Chief Judge Gregg Johnson, and completed an externship with the Hennepin County Examiner of Titles Office. Matthew is a former President of the Eighth District Bar Association. He joined Melchert Hubert Sjodin in 2012.
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- J.D., cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law
- B.S., Criminology ; Kansas State University
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- McLeod County Bar Association
- Eighth District Bar Association
- Past President
- Past Vice President
- Past Secretary
- Past Attorney Coach, Mock Trial
- Secretary, Waconia/West Carver Rotary
- Secretary and Board Member, Carver County Historical Society
- Former member, Hutchinson Jaycees
- Former member, Hutchinson Economic Development Finance Team