Throughout his 35 year career, Larry has handled a wide range of matters for clients, always working to find the right solutions for his clients that are cost-effective and create the best possible outcomes. He is frequently brought in by other attorneys and judges to mediate or arbitrate significant disputes in areas including agri-business, commercial finance, closely held business disputes, and governmental matters.
Nationally, Larry is a sought after speaker and regularly presents at a number of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) programs throughout the country on a wide variety of topics including commercial and agri-business, commercial finance, creditors’ rights, government development, contracting, and financing.
Larry’s clients trust him to be integral to the process, actively seeking his advice and counsel on how to put deals together – the right way. He has long-term relationships with his clients and values the loyalty built throughout the years.
Larry is a frequent presenter and trainer to financial institutions and governmental entities on creditors’ rights, lien perfection and priority, documentation, and land use and development.
Raised in Victoria, Minnesota, Larry received his B.A. in Business Administration from Creighton University and his J.D. from Creighton University Law School. He joined Melchert Hubert Sjodin in 1979.
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- J.D, Creighton University Law School
- B.A., Business Administration, Creighton University
- Independent Community Bankers of Minnesota
- Minnesota Bankers Association
- American Agricultural Law Association
- Past Vice Chair, Agri-business and Agri-business Finance Subcommittee Sections, American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Member, Waconia Lions Club
- Board Member, Carver County Law Library
- Pyrotechnics volunteer at Waconia 4th of July, Carver County Steamboat Days and other festivals