Both employers and employees are significantly impacted by the newly enacted Minnesota and federal legislation surrounding COVID-19. Employers and employees may have questions such as:
- How does the CARES Act effect unemployment benefits?
- What happens to exempt workers whose hours are reduced because of COVID-19?
- What documentation is required to substantiate paid sick leave benefits under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act?
- What happens to an employee’s health insurance benefits if the employees is out on expanded family and medical leave?
- How does an employer know if an employee should apply for unemployment benefits or receive paid sick leave benefits?
- If an employer furloughs an employee, can an employee also receive paid sick leave benefits?
- What forms exist as it relates to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act?