As we age, it is critical to create a firm legal foundation for ourselves and the people we love. Whether you are planning your own future or helping elderly family members, we can take the mystery out of asset preservation and medical assistance planning.
The landscape of the elder law practice area is becoming increasingly complex. When you select an attorney, you want someone who not only knows the territory, but someone who will listen to your needs and create a personalized plan. At Melchert Hubert Sjodin, our attorneys respond to your personal concerns, needs and desires. We care about you and will help bring you peace of mind.
Our clients include individuals:
- Entering assisted living and long-term care facilities
- Wanting to protect their assets to the maximum extent allowed by the law
- Wanting their assets distributed to their loved ones without disputes
- Wanting to provide direction regarding their medical care
- Wanting to name someone else to help them with their legal and financial affairs
- Creating Living Wills and Health Care Directive
- Developing strategies, where appropriate, for keeping loved ones at home for as long as possible and transitioning them to a long term care facility if that becomes necessary
- Medical assistance planning that includes planning for incapacity or disability
- Reviewing assets and helping to preserve them