Questionable Families

Who should I name as my power of attorney?  Often this is your spouse, what about a backup?  What should you do if your children don’t get along, or have conflicting opinions on how the estate should be handled?  Often children will change the power of attorney amongst each other causing undue turmoil and conflict.  If you have concerns about this, one option is to setup a trust with a designate trustee, a may be an option to better protect your assets.  Attorney Neil Jensen discusses the benefits of hiring a local attorney for your estate planning needs on KDUZ 1260 AM’s show “Legal Update.”

Neil Jensen is an experienced estate planning and probate attorney based in our Hutchinson, MN law office.  Our goal is to truly listen to our client’s situation and create a plan that meets their goals and priorities.  Contact our estate planning and probate attorneys at 320.587.2046 to discuss your specific situation.