Our litigation attorneys aggressively advocate for our clients. Managing expectations is the hallmark of our practice. We are upfront with clients about the benefits and drawbacks of each legal option, keeping in mind financial and personal goals. When cases merit a trial, we will stand by our clients and use our years of experience to achieve the best results possible under the circumstances.
Melchert Hubert Sjodin brings integrity to its litigation practice by pursuing client interests – not attacking opposing counsel. There will be disagreements in any case, but we don’t make it personal. Our attorneys are adept at moving a case forward through strong negotiation skills and knowledge of the courts.
Our clients include:
- Individuals injured in motor vehicle accidents
- Individuals injured at work
- Business owners involved in contract disputes
- Landlords dealing with problem tenants
- Developers and builders involved in construction disputes
- Will and trust beneficiaries disputing distributions
- Alternative dispute resolution – mediation and arbitration
- Employment litigation
- Estate and probate litigation
- Divorce/custody dispute litigation
- Personal injury/wrongful death litigation
- Real estate litigation
- Workers’ compensation litigation
- Client with serious injuries from a motorcycle crash was awarded nearly $400,000.00 in damages from a Carver County jury after a 3-day trial.
- Client whose vehicle was struck from behind by a cement truck was awarded nearly $100,000.00 in damages from a Hennepin County jury after a 3-day trial.
- Jury verdict in McLeod County for a client who suffered injuries when he fell from a scaffold.
- Jury verdict for underinsured motorist’s benefits in Dakota County for a client who was injured in a motor vehicle crash in Hawaii.